6 September 2004
I have a minidisc recorder, but it's not as convenient or practical as I once thought it would be. That said, it's several notches up on many of my other gadgets, as I do occasionally take it out and use it. I'm not very diligent with making new discs, though, so I rarely have anything new to which to listen. I've got this one mix disc that stands up pretty well, though, particularly for lawn mowing.
Among the songs (alas, no tracklist exists and I'm not willing to listen to it right now to figure it out) are such gems as:
- "Pistolero" by Juno reactor
- "Insane in the membrane" by Cypress hill
- "Fly me to the moon" by Frank Sinatra
- "I'm not your stepping stone" by the Monkees
- "The shape of things to come" by Max Frost and the Troopers
- "FNT" by Semisonic
- "Damn it feels good to be a gangsta" by the Geto boys
That last one pops up in a lot of places, not the least the Office space soundtrack, and also the movie itself. I noticed, though, that in the film the lyrics are altered from "pussy" to something like "Gucci" in the line "pussy-eating pranksters". I can but wonder what prompted this change.